January 05, 2015

I'm Loving Life | MMXV


This is the first time I've opened my computer in over two weeks - I almost feel I've neglected everything, yet that's nowhere near true. I've been spending time doing what we all do at this time of year; taking time away from myself and putting it into family.

There hasn't been a day where I've not been doing something (even if it included nothing), because it involved two days of busy Christmas meals and traditional activities, spending a week away at a beach house with my main man and his family, finally seeing my sister and going for a drive to a local 'pretty spot' and the open range zoo on a 40 degree day, then after having a day of rest, I find myself here.

Where am I now? Dreaming about all the things I want to do, where I want to be, making plans that fill the hallways of my mind and boy do they keep the little man busy running.

I have a tendency to think up ideas which make me incredibly excited about the future and what I could achieve - but get shot down a couple of days later when reality hits me; the reality that I don't know how to kick things into gear and begin doing what I want to do.

What do I want to do?

Create. I want to create things, make art, draw again, edit all the photos I take, make portraits, blog blog and blog, start my own little businesses, create something to share, create a home, create a dream come true.

I can somehow blend the word create into everything I've been desperately needing.

When it comes to what I want for the year ahead, it involves trying hard to make the above things happen. For real this time. I'm not going to list all the things in my head here because it's unnecessary - and sometimes I don't know how to explain them in words.

I guess that's a little round up of what's been happening, and a little resolutions spiel to go with the refreshing feel of a new year and having a month of (mostly) spare time. I may make a more pointed list down the track for my own sake.

Let's do this! What are your plans for the next 12 months?



6 comments :

  1. I'm glad you've had some spare time on your hands and been able to indulge in some real living. Making plans for the future is what keeps me going. I have all these pockets of my life and ideas for each of them. Motherhood, Relationship life, Blogging, and my own self-improvement and hobbies. It's fun to give yourself things to get excited about. I'm actually working on a similar post on my blog today, to release later this month. Best of luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Johnna, same to you! I completely agree, thinking about the future would be what keeps me striving and full of wonderment and ideas, I only wish I was better at getting some begun quicker. I will look out for your post, thanks for reading. x

      Delete
  2. I feel this, I love the word create, it is so all encompassing. I always think my life philosophy was to create as much as I consume. Be that love, happiness, art. :)

    I think we might be in the same sort of place the way we feel about this year. I want to grow and create more, and make real efforts to take care of myself more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your philosophy, I really need to take that on more. Good luck with it!! x

      Delete
  3. I am new to your beautiful blog, Shani! It looks absolutely stunning! My plans for next 12 months would be being successful at university and taking more portraits! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for coming to look, Kasia! Good luck with the plans!

      Delete