March 01, 2014

Africa | 1 of 5

In September of 2012, I embarked on my first overseas trip. I went with my sister on a trek across bumpy roads surrounded by mud huts, red dirt, and the most fascinating, eye-opening sights that I never thought I would get to see.

After a long flight, stopping in Dubai for a morning, we arrived in Nairobi, the capital of Kenya. Humid, busy, dusty and frightening. We spent our first night at a hotel with gates guarded by armed men. Feeling very out of my comfort zone, I went to sleep and felt a little less homesick when I woke. My sister and I went on a group tour which started the following morning, the truck became filled with people from different parts of the world, who over the next fifteen days we would share many new experiences.

That day we entered the first National Park, I was buzzing with nervousness and excitement, Nakuru was probably the most animal filled game drive on our trip, and excusing the fact that I didn't see wild lions, or as many animals as I expected in general during my entire time in Africa, it was incredible.

When you spend two weeks in Africa you see a lot, so I will be sharing it over a few posts. This is that first day, I will let my photos explain the rest.









The Great Rift Valley

  

















No comments :

Post a Comment